Monday, July 29, 2013

Cute Coaster World Carnival Favors!

'
 
I finally ordered a new camera cord, and realized I hadn't uploaded any photos since May! So, after wading through 400+ photos, I realized that I hadn't posted a lot of things that I had been planning on. We did VBS the first full week in June-I don't think that anyone has it earlier than that-not a traditional, meet-every-morning-for-a-week one, anyway! 
VBS this year was amazing-the theme was "Colossal Coaster World" a combination of amusement park/fair/carnival concepts. I loved the motto: "Facing Fear, Trusting God". Anyway, the theme would be irrelevant if it wasn't for the outstanding volunteers that make all the fun and learning possible! I won't even re-state how firm a believer I am in thank-you gifts, and my uber-creative sister, Robyn, was here to help me make the VBS ones extra special!
We decided to do a combo of old-fashioned carnival prizes and throw in some theme park elements for fun. I found most of it at the Dollar Tree, but I am really loving World Market for fun, unexpected gift elements!

We put in (from the top down, left to right):
-A giant Pixy stick (World Market) $0.75
-"Polaroid" Magnetic photo frames, for all those souvenir photos! (Dollar Tree) $1
-Glow sticks, for riding the Ferris Wheel after dark (Dollar Tree) $1
-Fun "vintage" soda (World Market) $1
-Cheap stuffed animal, a monkey, for winning a carnival game (Dollar Tree) $1
-Cracker Jacks (Dollar Tree, pack of 3) $0.33
-Crazy Straw (Dollar Tree, pack of 6) $0.17
-"Popcorn" Bag, not shown (Dollar Tree, pack of 10) $0.10

Total for a cute themed thank-you gift: $5.35
We packaged them up in red and white striped popcorn bags, and I thought having the monkey hug the soda was a cute final touch! Of course, since I was coordinating with my sister, everything had to match! These would make adorable birthday party favors, too. I know the recipients (both teens and adults) got a kick out of them!

1 comment:

  1. I loved my orange surprise...you are so THOUGHTFUL!!

    Thank you for a wonderful VBS - I am blessed every year!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails